Thursday, March 19, 2009

To Strike or Not To Strike

The 6th of April is coming sooner and as I expected the 6th of April youth are calling for a strike on the next 6th of April 2009, there are lots of anticipation and worry in Egypt in the coming days.
First of all I must mention in this year since the 6th April strike there has been not less than two strikes or sit-ins across the country every day. People are just fed up and begin to accept the idea of strike and sit-in in order to restore back their rights.
Second I was not surprised but I am sad to know that Israa Abdel Fatah does not support this year’s strike ,I read her an essay in some newspaper ,I think it was Al Dostor last week when she explained why she believed the strike won’t be the appropriate form of objection that year. I respect her point of view and I take in consideration the tough time she had faced ,it was a fearful experience.
Of course on the other hand I am not surprised that Ayman Nour , Kafya and the democratic front party are supporting the Strike Day and calling for it. Nour for sure won’t waste this golden opportunity.
I have not read anything from the Muslim Brotherhood side till now ,I will wait more.
Third I do not know if the strike will succeed this year or not . Judging on the frequency of strikes and sit ins with the rise of frustration I believe “wish” more people will join the strike than last year.
By the way I read that the people of Mahla named some public square “The 6th of April Youth” , of course unofficially still if it is true  then it would send a very important message and I would consider it as the greatest victories of those young people who dazzled the world.
We will wait and see. FYI Mubarak is visiting Washington next month too.
This is just the start, mark your calendar my dear friends :)
Updated: 
  • The official 6th of April blog is updated
  • General Fouad Allam , one of the founders of S.S warns from this year's strike
  • More and more groups in Egypt announce from now their participation in this year's strike
  • Surprisingly the Nubians in the South will join the strike , well not so surprisingly because they are so angry from neglecting them , I am happy with their announcement because joining this year's strike enforces the fact they are Egyptians in the end. 
  • The Bakers in Dakhalia is joining the Strike , the Bakers in Egypt are suffering from a similar misunderstand with the taxation authority just like the Pharmacists ,it is expected move by the way.
  • I expect that the security forces will arrest the leaders of the 6th of April movement I am afraid , I wish this won't happen but I see it now happening .

6 comments:

  1. لازم كل المعارضة _الحقيقية_ تعمل دعاية للاضراب طوال الفترة القادمة ليعلم الجميع بالدعوة و ليس شباب الفايس بوك فقط !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Failure strike "insha'allah"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mido,
    ايوه يا ميدو لازم الكل يشارك انشا الله

    @Bastawisi,
    Why insh Allah ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bastawisi, people like you are the one will live forever under oppression. You are the reason your children will continue to live under poverty and injustice! May be you are the regime follower and enjoy better lives than ordinary Egyptian people!!!!

    I hope every Egyptian citizen including women and children will go out to join this strike! nothing to loose and you all are asking for your right which have been deprived for soooo long! Look at other countries e.g. France, UK, Taiwan, USA, people are not afraid to come out asking for their rights. If every citizen are afraid to come out and seek justice, they will be oppressed all their lives. Egyptian have nothing to loose when they already lost so many things in their daily lives and future for their children. Enough with last year's statistic 12,000 suicide cases and 600+ death of innocent children, unemployment and poverty. Go out and believe in yourself and may Allah swt be with you all on that day insyallah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuz it april 6th are islamists not true reformers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bastawisi, that is the most absurd reason I ever heard! there is no such thing as Islamists or true reformers! This strike are for all Egyptians! one reason that is 'Our rights'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.