Saturday, May 23, 2009

GM as a witness

 This post was to be published 12/06/08 but because there was publication ban then and  the fact that I have really caring friends who fear on me I had to draft it so I won't be breaking any law, I was so sad when I had to draft it then. Anyhow the publication ban is over and all newspapers now are publishing the trail , of course I wonder if they publish this part . Of Course I want to add something , both witnesses would not have add anything to the trial about the crime itself , but they were requested to stand and say the oath just to prove how good and honorable Hisham and Mohsen are which I believe was useless as we are witnessing now.
Original Post on 12/06/08
You all know that one of the lawyers in the Suzanne Tamim's murder trial requested that the court would call both Gamal Mubarak and Habib Al Adly as witnesses. Some of us expected that the Judge would decline this request but he did not. Most of us including me believed that the publication ban order was because of these two important witnesses of course beside other issues some people do not want the public to know about.
Anyhow by accident today I found out this news at Al Bawaba
Yes Habib Al Adly stood in front of the Judge in the court to say his testimony about the time he worked with Al-Sokary in the State Security, nobody mentioned this ,of course there is a publication ban but the court said that it would publish its orders in the end of its sessions from calling the witnesses...etc but this did not happen in the last two weeks !!
Of course we had this big fight between the Independent and opposition newspapers that demand a lift of the publication ban.Already there are two chief in editors including Magdy El-Glad of Al Masry Al Youm who are going to trial for breaking the ban order !! For the record the official newspapers published the same reports and someone reported them to the General attorney still they got away from it.The independent and the opposition threatened to break the publication ban in return.
Anyway back to Gamal.
The website did not say when he would testify , may be yesterday on Thursday or it will be on Saturday before the Eid ,we will never know.He would testify about Hisham Talaat Mustafa as the later was co-NDP member in the policies committees
I do not know why I feel that the regime enlarged the 6th October murder case in order to cover the Suzanne Tamim's trial, it is not about the void the media want to fill but think in that way
All those reports and photos were leaked from the interior ministry itself.Yes the crime is horrible and mysterious but it did not deserve all that media attention now in this way.
I wonder what Gamal would have said or will say ?? 

2 comments:

  1. It was too strange for Wael Abarshi who was searching for what happened during the ban period, not to ask about these testimonies of Adly and GM! No one spoke about them until now. BTW I read that post when you published it back then in my reader and starred it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ghafari, let it be my own little expose ;) I think that our press received orders not to mention these 2 witnesses despite again I do not see how their testimony would affect the trial , I believe the defense wanted to use their influence to their sake but in vain at least for now

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.